Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What I've been up to

To start with, me and the girls made these cute valentines for their classes. I decided I needed to have them put a little more work into them then just picking out a box from the store. I cut out the circles and hearts, they glued them on and wrote names on the back. It was kinda a fun project.
Beyond that, I haven't really been crafting as much. (I can't believe I'm going to show you this next picture...but here it is...) I kinda figured I didn't appreciate how much Chris did to help out around the house...but now, with him in school...I'm amazed at how much just doesn't get done. On top of that...we are not very good at being minimalistic...we have a LOT of stuff in a very small space, and we need to get better about it. But, 2 days ago, this is what my front room looked like...completely and totally out of control....and this is after a week when I really, truly made every effort to keep it clean since it was clean the week before for a dinner party...it was clean the day after the party...I'm not sure when it all fell apart....
In this space, we have several needs...tv watching area, 2 computer desks, sewing desk, room for the elliptical (preferably where there is access to show watching while using it), parking spot for stroller, and space for kids to play (no, they can't play in their room as there is barely room for their beds and I'm in the process of moving all toys out of their room as they are not cappable of keeping the toys picked up because of the space's limitations...). Is it any wonder that the room looks like this? On top of that, we have several things being stored in here since we are lacking in storage space in general. So, this week, I've been working out a better floorplan that makes more sense for our needs, as well as getting real about what we really NEED to keep and what we could definitly live without...things have started moving around and looking a little better, but in the midst of it, 2 of these showed up....
Along with all the guts that come with them. Chris is running on a borrowed computer system since his died, and mine is running worse and worse each day...so this year tax returns mean new computers for both of us. Which mean I have lots of boxes of computer components added to my already overfull living room. *sigh*...

I did however get a really exciting project most of the way done yesterday, and I'll be posting a ton of pictures on it tomorrow! Look forward to it ;)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Heidi for that sweet comment on my blog! I love hearing that people actually like the stuff that you make. It makes it all worth while! You made my day!!!!

    Kristin
    peapodcreations.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that sometimes that stuff just gets out of control. I know that there are times when my front room looks like a bomb dropped in there, laundry toys, Christmas bins (I am trying to get Matt to put the in the crawl space) etc. I think that the hardest thing for me is finding homes for all of our stuff. :). cute projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could it be pink???? CAN'T WAIT!!

    ReplyDelete