Friday, February 19, 2010

Pretty in Pink!

Remember this?...

Typical computer tower...big...black...

In our house, we don't have computers hidden away in private rooms...heck we don't even have places to tuck them away (you saw my living room, right?) Computers are a big part of our life and therefore, right out in the open. I figured I could make this little guy a little more interesting, so here it is now...

Cute, right??? More work then I figured, and I cut a lot of corners...I should have sanded initially and taped off better and done a clear coat at the end. I have more plans, so the clear coat may get done then, but we'll see. Initially, I was going to try to make it look like a dresser or chest with wood moulding and little decorative handles...but the shape of the case isn't really boxy enough for that, but I think I'm going to add at least a little something more at some point. For now...I shall call her "Bubbles" lol :) And just think how pretty she will look sitting next to my pretty new desk once it's painted black! Oh, spring, you can't come soon enough!

*note! this project was able to be done because it was a new case with no computer components installed and I had my husband who is fairly knowledgeable about computers help me. I would not recommend taking your tower out and spray painting it w/o talking to someone who knows about computers....I dismantled the whole case to do this. I'll post more pictures tomorrow when I get them transferred from my old computer so you can see how I did it.

2 comments: