Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hello Clock!

To be honest, there is nothing inherently wrong with this clock. We got it as a wedding present...I'm pretty sure we even registered for it...and it looked very nice on our walls in the past. But I have been hit with the BLAHs lately. We are living in an apartment, where we can't paint and everything feels very...monotone. So, part of my New Year's resolution is to create beauty and happiness around myself. So, the monotone HAS GOT TO GO! And since I'm working on a budget, I'm working with what I have. A wood frame clock is very nice...but....

...a glossy RED clock is way WAY BETTER!!! And I have plans for this little guy...oh, and they are gonna be good!

This took about 3 coats of cherry red spray paint...it probably would have been less, but I didn't primer it first and it was staying very brown/dark. And...for the record...it didn't take me 3 whole hours to do this project...it was probably only 20 min (including waiting a bit between coats). I taped off the face while I was feeding kids and getting them off to school and down for naps.

2 comments: