Saturday, February 27, 2010

Lookie what is on it's way!!!

For a long time I've been aware that we are outgrowing out table. There is room for 4 comfortably if I dish up plates from the stove and we can squeeze in one extra person when we need to...but I love the feel of a family meal where all the food is piled in dishes on the table, and being able to invite people over would be so nice. We just don't have room for that, and Katie will be joining us at the table (instead of in her high chair next to the table) soon. So, I've been watching DI (thrift store) for a new table...they range from $40-$80 there generally, but I've only ever spotted one I even kind of liked...and it was on a day I didn't have cash for a table. And I didn't like it *that* well. So I've just been living with our too-small table until I could think of a solution that would fix the problem and not break our budget. Well, I think I've found one and I just ordered part of the solution!

Awesome, hu?! I'm so excited! And in case you are wondering, I totally did not buy these for my husband for our anniversary. These babies are MINE...though he did help me pick out the best ones for my budget, and I'm letting him think he will have access to use them if he needs (teehee). (doesn't look much like a table does it???) Well, HERE are the plans for the table that will be mine once the weather is stable enough to let me work on it outside. Isn't it pretty? We're going to alter the plans a bit...hers is 30inches wide and 8 feet long...a little longer then I have room for, and not quite wide enough for dishes of food. Mine is going to be about 37 inches wide and 6.5 feet long. Aren't you excited for me???

And until then, these new tools will be a big help with stuff like....
You remember this pretty little thing? Well, it is now all prepared and ready and waiting for those new tools to show up. (ok, I PROMISE one of these days I'll actually get an "after picture of something up, instead of just teasing you :p)

Next up on my wish-list (because it will make building the new table 100% easier!)...A nail gun! The miter saw is going to have to wait to see if I'm using the other stuff enough to justify it...but, oh, do I want one!

1 comment:

  1. Get out of town!!!!!!
    I just told Martin I wanted a miter box!!!
    I am addicted to projects now.
    You and me BOTH need to get "after" pics posted.

    :)

    ReplyDelete