Monday, February 16, 2009

Creating houses

I found this fun website a couple days ago. She has so many fun ideas for little kids...So we learned how to draw houses today. We used graph paper, and just followed her instructions. It was really fun. I think I should have done an example before sitting down with the girls. Aimee did the two on the bottom. She wanted to put a fence in hers, but discovered when she tried to color it, that it was a little too intricate for crayons...so she did a second one....Tomorrow, we are planning on painting (another project from her website). I also want to try to do some more projects to get the girls to work on straight lines.We also did a science experiment today. We talked about molecules and how they move faster when they are warm, and slower when they are cold. We heated water in one glass, and put ice in water in another, then we added food coloring (after taking the ice out of the cold one). I didn't get a good picture...so you'll have to do it with your own kids to see what happens ;) Be sure to have them make a hypothesis before you put the color in.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute, though I didn't comment the first time I saw this. Was to busy to make a comment.

    ReplyDelete