Monday, January 11, 2010

I see a snow fairy!

I've been wanting to make one of these adorable tutu's...so I picked up tulle while at the fabric store on Saturday...figuring it would be another month or so before it got done...But I was really on top of things and got to it TODAY! I thought I had plenty to make skirts for all three girls, but I guess I like them fuller then most directions call for. My plan was to keep my older two occupied this afternoon, so I cut up the tulle into strips and made one for Katie to see if it was something Aimee and Betty could handle...totally something they could do with limited supervision...but I ran out of tulle! So, you get a cute photo shoot of Katie for now. I spent an hour with a search engine and read several tutorials, so I really don't have a link to post, but when I do this with the older two, I'll take pics for one. It really is super easy! Just type in "easy no-sew tutu tutorial". I used elastic and just tied a knot in it for this one. I saw one that called for using and adult size headband thing...I may try that next time as the elastic was a little wonky. Also, for this one, I used almost 3 yards of tulle. I absolutely LOVE it :)


*Photos by my talented brother

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Katie's so cute! I'm missing everything in Utah! I really need to come visit Laurel, Angela, Caprice, Aimee, Betty, Katie, Ethan, Marshall, Mia, you, Chris, Beth, David, Lydia, Lance. -sigh- I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete